AboutThis page is part of an unspoken initiative that many NIT H alumni keep taking from time to time to help their juniors or college on a larger scale. It is really preposterous, and I've found so many people, juniors, seniors, and batchmates alike having a tendency to not want to talk to anybody who aren't very known to them. This gets ichy when it's time for those emails and phone calls to people lesser known and belonged: the potential recruiters. This animated web page is my and many others' personal view on the current placement system, of NIT Hamirpur, namely a bunch of mere TPRs and a TPO. Now don't get me wrong here, I respect the time and effort they put in holding their responsibility, but it's not enough anymore because world is full of competition and there are so many students to take care of the placements of. I've met and talked to so many alumni since final year, and I find it shocking that so many of them will to mentor students, and even help in trying to get their companies visit Hamirpur, or, since in most cases that tends to be an issue, nearby, say Chandigarh. I find it more shocking, that some of the most reputed companies have visited campus in the previous times and recruited, primarily because, as I'm told by alumni:
- They worked really hard for it
- Students were more serious and career oriented back then
- Being less number of people in a class and batch, they cared for each other more
- They not only limited themselves to campus placements but went forth and applied and got recruited off campus too.
- I love my college
- I want people to realize that there is so much more to college than they experience
- That it's our responsibility to improve our placements not only for us and our batch, but also for the batches that are to come after us, since reputation of batch of one year in the companies that recruited them affects the desire of that company to recruit from the college again
I've thought of a customized alumni web app (website which is a single page application), which would provide more features, more connectivity, less time and greater speeds between a student wanting to connect to alumni or vice versa. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it. Would such a platform benefit you, if we are able to get aboard students as well as alumni? Would you want to use it? If yes what services or features would you want it to provide you? If it's a good idea, and you are a web developer, can you suggest technology stack suggestions? (I've thought of Meteor Full Stack Framework). I urge you, that even if you have decided, at this point of time, to never open this web page again, neither think about the things that I requested of you, to reconsider and open your email client and think a bit about it. If you manage to garner some points, or would just want to provide feedback about this potential initiative, both good and bad points, please Email Me. Thank you for your time, you are awesome!